Hello and welcome to the Christian community within the
Parish of Jarrow and Simonside
We, the Parish of Jarrow and Simonside, will share our faith, hope and love in God with all, through our worship, witness and service.
Anyone is welcome to come and join with our worship in any of our four wonderful churches spread around the town of Jarrow and of Simonside, South Shields.
We are committed, with the Diocese of Durham,
to blessing our communities in Jesus name.
The Parish of Jarrow and Simonside covers much of the town of Jarrow, a historic town in South Tyneside in the north-east of England and the estate of Simonside in South Shields. The parish is part of the Deanery of Jarrow in the Church of England's Diocese of Durham.
The parish comprises four churches: St Simons, St Peter's, St John the Baptist, and St Paul's - which was home to the Venerable Bede and formed one half of the twin monastery of Wearmouth-Jarrow.
Promoting a safer church
“The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church”
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to other, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Advisor, or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children,, young people and adults